Table of Contents
BONUS: Fitness Tips! #
To get the most from each battle, follow these simple tips for fitness success:
- Always maintain proper exercise form. It may be tempting to get one more rep, but if you can’t do it with good form, you are risking injury. It’s better to stop the set and save yourself for the next one.
- Try to maintain a steady cadence while doing exercise reps. That means using a moderate pace instead of going too fast and losing control.
- Use the first few minutes of every battle to warm up. Do a Light set or two for each major body part.
- If possible, do a light cardio warm up before you enter the VR Arena. Take a brisk walk, spend a few minutes on a treadmill, or ride your bicycle to the virtual training center. You’ll be ready to perform at your best and reduce your chance of injury.
- Consider taking a pre-workout supplement before your workout. A good mix of amino acids, caffeine, and other proven ingredients will help you perform at your best.
- If you ever feel lightheaded or dizzy, take off the headset and give yourself a break. If it continues, discontinue the workout and try again another day.
- Bring your water bottle to the booth and take sips when you have a break in the action. Drinking water between rounds will keep you hydrated!
- After your workout, be sure to get some protein to help recover and to help build muscle and strength. We recommend a whey protein shake with 20 – 30 grams of protein for best results.
- Consider taking creatine to safely increase your strength and muscle building results.
- After your battle, cool down by doing light stretching and/or light cardio.
- You won’t get the body that you want if you neglect your nutrition. Focus on eating lean meats or vegetarian protein sources. Avoid sugar and other high-glycemic foods like bread and pasta. Avoid saturated fats but be sure to get your daily servings of healthy fats. Meet your daily water intake goal every day of the week.
- Be sure you are getting 7 – 8 hours of quality sleep each night! It’s impossible to look and feel your best if you are sleep-deprived.
- Consider taking a multivitamin and fish oil supplement for overall health.
- Maintain your Black Box VR streak by working out at least once every 78 hours! Consistency is the ONLY secret to fitness success. Your body will change before you know it.