San Francisco Fox Plaza Gym Manager Job Description
Location: US-CA, San Francisco
At Black Box VR, we are creating the world’s first virtual reality gym experience. Our
mission is to help our members transform their lives through addictive fitness
experiences that harness the power of immersive technologies.
We are looking for a gym manager who is a highly motivated, goal-driven, self-starter
who not only wants to help build the gym of the future but is also passionate about
helping people get into the best shape of their lives.
Your role will be to help us launch and manage the very first Black Box VR gym
location. Understanding the ins and outs of health club management will be critical to
- Assist with the build-out project management of Black Box VR’s first boutique
- Help design Black Box VR’s first Hero Trainer guidelines.
- Assist with development of member onboarding best practices.
- Onboard Hero Trainers and other gym staff.
- Help develop sales, operating procedures, and member policies for the club.
- Ensure that systems procedures are accurately followed such as proper POS
protocols, desk setup, file organization, member check-in, telephone inquiries,
guest registration, and member scheduling.
- Implement and support company programs and promotions to help generate
sales leads for new membership growth.
- Gather and interpret data on member retention and implement necessary
strategies to maintain a high level of member retention.
- Ensure all club members and prospective members are delivered a high service
- Report and resolve issues pertaining to resistance training equipment, PC’s and
- Ensure the club meets standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety and
- Maintain inventories of maintenance equipment, cleaning supplies, and
- Resolve potential member concerns and complaints in a professional manner
within Black Box VR corporate and club parameters.
- Assist with cleaning VR and resistance machine equipment and exercise spaces
as well as the facility in general.
Prior Experience and Expectations
- Must love technology and be willing to develop an understanding of how virtual
reality technologies operate.
- Degree in related field preferred (exercise science, physiology, kinesiology,
sports management, or personal training certification).
- Must have 2+ years experience in a gym management role preferably with
experience opening a gym or health club.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience building company cultures and developing implementation guides for
- Possess strong organizational skills to execute and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word, CRM platforms, and POS systems.
- Strong leadership skills.
To learn more about Black Box VR visit www.blackbox-vr.com
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org